Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MkII with Oilskin Gas Cape

Article about: Here is our recently purchased MKII with Oilskin Gas Cape. The temptation to take the Gas Cape of to see the helmet underneath is so tempting but its been on for so long it appears to be stu

Default MkII with Oilskin Gas Cape

Here is our recently purchased MKII with Oilskin Gas Cape.

The temptation to take the Gas Cape of to see the helmet underneath is so tempting but its been on for so long it appears to be stuck and I don't want to damage it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MkII with Oilskin Gas Cape   MkII with Oilskin Gas Cape  

MkII with Oilskin Gas Cape   MkII with Oilskin Gas Cape  

It will, be very stuck on there and trying to remove it will probably ruin it mate, best left as it is as you suggest.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Anon View Post
    It will, be very stuck on there and trying to remove it will probably ruin it mate, best left as it is as you suggest.
    What we were thinking! It's a shame as there could be anything under it but would rather have a nice complete set rather than a damaged one because my curiosity got the better of me!

?

The curiosity would be gnawing at me as well but I would not tempt fate by trying to remove the cover would be a shame to damage it in the process as mentioned there could be anything under there perhaps a nice field warn camo, a flashed example to a rare battalion,Medic helmet, nice texture painted combat lid try putting it out of your mind though it is really not that important Jeez I guess I am really not helping am I .

Regards Mark

?

A couple of weeks ago, I found a mint unissued camo Helmet cover, just soak in warm water to get it apart, but I also found something I had never seen before, a hood for the head made of the same Material and also Canadian, I will dig it out and get photo on the forum.

Dean

?

Please do Dean I would like to see your new find .

Regards Mark

Well, it kept James entertained for a bit, and he safely got the cover off. Turns out it is a plain black home front helmet. No exciting flashes or camo on this one sorry guys!! Still really happy with it all though.

Hi, I think these gas capes really add something to the Home Front helmets. Here is my Wardens helmet with the earlier "crownless" cap that has never been off this helmet since the war. Leon.MkII with Oilskin Gas CapeMkII with Oilskin Gas CapeMkII with Oilskin Gas CapeMkII with Oilskin Gas CapeMkII with Oilskin Gas Cape

Great example, cheers Leon

Here's a photo of the Canadian Anti Gas Hood that was previously mentioned, they are probably one of the most common and affordable items of wartime allied Anti Gas equipment, mine set me back less than £20.00.

The hood

Shown with MkIV Special T Mic Respirator

Thanks,

Danny

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast