Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MKII with painted belgian flag

Article about: A ww2 dated MKII is nice to add to the collection on any day. And especially when there are flashes added that you discover upon taking the helmet out of the package. This seems to be Belgia

Default MKII with painted belgian flag

A ww2 dated MKII is nice to add to the collection on any day. And especially when there are flashes added that you discover upon taking the helmet out of the package.
    This seems to be Belgian and has quite some age to it. You can see it well under the right light. Could be ww2 or just right after but the way it sits I tend to be a believer for the first.

?

Very nice example indeed magic, it has a lovely patina and the Belgian tricolour look's period,thanks for sharing.

Nice looking lid!...

Or R.E.M.E?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks for the reply guys.
    The dimensions of this flash are very similar to the postwar sticker versions.
    But....a few years back I did get one with bigger dimensions that aren't very typical to Belgian helmets.
    Would that make sense color wise for it to be R.E.M.E?? (I will post photos)

Can't find anymore additional photos at the moment.

Aik
    ?

The pot is right but the color and belgian flag are postwar.

Please elaborate about what helmet you're saying this and where you base this conclusion on.

Aik
    ?

Because these helmets are used in the 50's. There are also very much 1950 dutch helmets the pot is original but the liner straps and color on it not.

I know how the typical dutch and belgian 50's reissues look like. They have different style liner and chinstrap. If you don't have better arguments then don't answer to this thread. I know it is difficult to judge when an emblem was painted on, but you're making shorcuts which I don't find positive for this discussion. There are british helmets with belgian flag's used by the Belgian free forces during the war. If you don't know this then please do some homework.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast