Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

MkII Private purchase

Article about: Here's one that most of you probably have'nt seen before, but if you have or have some info on it then please say. Quite an odd shape to it being flattish on top, & very round. The few t

?

Default MkII Private purchase

Here's one that most of you probably have'nt seen before, but if you have or have some info on it then please say.
    Quite an odd shape to it being flattish on top, & very round. The few that I've seen all have unmarked red liners, the chin strap on this one being made from leather & canvas but they do vary. These steel helmets would give better protection than the other private purchase helmets that were made from compressed fibre or bakelite.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MkII Private purchase   MkII Private purchase  

MkII Private purchase   MkII Private purchase  

NCA
    ?

Default Re: MkII Private purchase

Passed on one of these at an antique fair last year...thought it was foreign issue!!
    Something else to kick myself about.

Does it have a rolled rim and a fair bit lighter in weight than the standard mk2?

Thanks for showing.

?

Don't think there's much difference in the weight compared to the normal MkII, & yes it does have a rolled rim. Do they call it a Dutch fold? Can you remember how much it was going for the one you saw at the fair.

NCA
    ?

I think it was around £25..it was gone when i went back for a second look!

?

Because not many people know what they are the prices of these not much known about helmets don't go for much, £25 was a good price to pay.

NCA
    ?

I recall it being fairly lightweight.ill keep an out this year when the fairs start.

Interesting lid. The liner with the red frame does look similar to Dutch liners and if I saw one of these I would probably think it was a post war Dutch model. Interesting info, thanks for showing it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

There were red liners & card coloured ones aswell as the normal black liners.
    Unless someones has a different one?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MkII Private purchase   MkII Private purchase  

MkII Private purchase  

?

Joseba has the same problem
    INGLÉS MK1 1916
    Piotrek

These helmets are not uncommon in The Netherlands. Many were converted to CD use with Dutch liners. Not much is known about them. The shell is completely circular. The metal is aluminium. Probably import from Britain.
    Cheers,
    Emile

MkII Private purchaseMkII Private purchase