Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MKII RED "R" HEAD RESCUE helmet

Article about: Morning gents, a bit of an unusual one this. A white over painted rescue helmet with a red R! The paint work is all period, underneath the white paint is the original tan and the "shado

Default MKII RED "R" HEAD RESCUE helmet

Morning gents, a bit of an unusual one this. A white over painted rescue helmet with a red R! The paint work is all period, underneath the white paint is the original tan and the "shadows of the first coat R stencils. The liner is a J.C.S&W, dated either 1938-39.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MKII RED "R" HEAD RESCUE helmet   MKII RED "R" HEAD RESCUE helmet  

MKII RED "R" HEAD RESCUE helmet   MKII RED "R" HEAD RESCUE helmet  

MKII RED "R" HEAD RESCUE helmet   MKII RED "R" HEAD RESCUE helmet  

MKII RED "R" HEAD RESCUE helmet  

Very nice score Leon, you must have quite a collection of these lids now.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Great looking tinhat Leon, it has real character mate.

Afternoon Jerry, this is my 15th MKII now, 13 Home Front, 1 Field medics, and 1 standard Army tan with it's net. I am fast running out of room!!! Leon.
    Last edited by FALLSCHIRMJAGER; 05-18-2015 at 01:15 PM.

?

Nice Lid Leon and were there is a will there is away and you will always find away to make more room and display them all be it the wife might not like some of the locations that you have chosen ie.....kitchen, bathroom, bedroom,den, living room, dining room,china cabinet and stack the dishes on the floor

Regards Mark

Very nice helmet Leon and have you used the walls yet?

Matt

Quote by Steelhead10 View Post
    Very nice helmet Leon and have you used the walls yet?

Matt
    In the past I have indeed used the walls, but the wife just will not have it these days. My small dedicated "war room" is my bolt hole and it will have to do! Leon.

Can't argue about the originality of this one Leon,certainly shows character,wish i had a "dedicated war room",oh well what is and so on,nice pick up anyway............

?

Hi Leon, I can't explain the red R, normally black on an white helmet,but it all looks ok to me.

very nice leon and no doubting its originality ,crikey 15th mk11 ,just to say well done for doing your bit in the preservation of british homefront history

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast