Become our sponsor and display your banner here

MKII silver painted underside?

Article about: Morning gents, I have seen this on one or two helmets in the past but my question is this. What was the purpose of painting the inside of a helmet silver and/or was it a period practice? Any

Default MKII silver painted underside?

Morning gents, I have seen this on one or two helmets in the past but my question is this. What was the purpose of painting the inside of a helmet silver and/or was it a period practice? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Leon.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

My eyes. Hmmm maybe it is period but what does the top side look like?

?

As far as I know the only helmets painted silver were the NFS, cheif fire staff & other high ranking officers. But I guess that would have been the outside & inside rim.

Hi Gents, sorry for the delay in replying, I've been at work. The outside of the helmet is black, I do not own it, so I was curious as to what it was all about. I guess it could be a re-used NFS officers helmet but I would have thought they would have re-painted the inside rim as well? Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway