Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

MkII TRO Helmet

Article about: This helmet survived the cull my collection went through a few years ago, mainly because I hadn't managed to identify what TRO stands for. It's a BMB (no visisble date) helmet with a BMB 193

?

Default MkII TRO Helmet

This helmet survived the cull my collection went through a few years ago, mainly because I hadn't managed to identify what TRO stands for.

It's a BMB (no visisble date) helmet with a BMB 1939 liner, in obvioulsy poor condition. The helmet was original black, the outside was painted white/cream at one point and has some marking on the front which I can't make out. This has been overpainted in yellow and the T.R.O. added back and front.
    The strap fixings are off center and have been punched again but as a mirror image, and off center again. Somebody has attempted to clean or preserve it with some sort of oil which has dried, I haven't bothered to clean it.

MkII TRO Helmet
    MkII TRO Helmet
    MkII TRO Helmet

The only yellow painted helmets I know of are the Gas Identification Officers, I have also seen a black one for sale on e-bay (below) a few years ago.
    Does anybody know what it could be?

MkII TRO Helmet

Steve

Default Re: MkII TRO Helmet

Never seen a TRO marked helmet before. Hmmmm. It could be something like a local transport authority, or a similar small/medium sized (and pretty obscure) organisation.

Third Reich Operative? They would probably wear less conspicuous hats around town however

...'pretty sure these are post-war.....Gas. Just FYI....