Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MKII Wardens Home Front Helmet

Article about: Hello again all you British helmet experts! I am looking to purchase this Leading Wardens helmet but before I splash the cash I would value your opinions. Firstly I apologise for the small i

Default MKII Wardens Home Front Helmet

Hello again all you British helmet experts! I am looking to purchase this Leading Wardens helmet but before I splash the cash I would value your opinions. Firstly I apologise for the small images, they are all that I could get. The seller says this 1938 dated helmet was originally black but has been period over painted to the higher rank. It looks OK to me but your the experts! Thanks in advance for your thoughts, Leon. MKII Wardens Home Front HelmetMKII Wardens Home Front Helmet

?

Better pics would make it easier to tell, but I'm pretty sure it's ok.
    These helmets were continually being repainted, either by promotion or through changes to the paint scheme, mainly in 41 & 42.

Looks OK from the pics. I saw an obviously modern painted example recently, looked like it was done last week.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks gentleman, most appreciated. Leon.

I think these lead Helmets are great Leon,must hunt one down for myself,good luck with the purchase..............

Well it's on it's way!! I hope it is a good one, when it arrives I will take some better images of it. Here are a couple of other blurry shots of it. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MKII Wardens Home Front Helmet   MKII Wardens Home Front Helmet  

It would be the liner dated 1938 it has the MKIII chinstrap lugs that started appearing in late 1939 early 1940 so definitely a WW2 warden MKII as the paint shows the same wear and tear on the outside and the chinstrap looks to be pulled right up, so maybe done recently or maybe the warden had a small head?.

Quote by Steelhead10 View Post
    It would be the liner dated 1938 it has the MKIII chinstrap lugs that started appearing in late 1939 early 1940 so definitely a WW2 warden MKII as the paint shows the same wear and tear on the outside and the chinstrap looks to be pulled right up, so maybe done recently or maybe the warden had a small head?.
    Thanks for that mate, every bit of information helps me to learn a bit more about our British equipment. Leon.

Here it is chaps! I think it is ok, I cannot see any red flags myself. I have taken a few "close ups" of the paint work for you to look at. There are no makers stamps visible to the steel but the liner is a VERO 1938. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MKII Wardens Home Front Helmet   MKII Wardens Home Front Helmet  

MKII Wardens Home Front Helmet   MKII Wardens Home Front Helmet  

MKII Wardens Home Front Helmet   MKII Wardens Home Front Helmet  

MKII Wardens Home Front Helmet  

A really nice helmet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast