Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MKIII 1941 helmet

Article about: I have seen a couple of tanned helmet posted on here in the last few days So I thought I would share one that I have, it is more of a green brown tan, but looks like there was a white or pin

Default MKIII 1941 helmet

I have seen a couple of tanned helmet posted on here in the last few days
    So I thought I would share one that I have, it is more of a green brown tan, but looks like there was a white or pinkie white underneath the paint at some stage.
    this helmet is not green like all the ones I have seen.
    I don't no anything about the colour of this helmet, was it painted post war or ww2.
    or I don't no were it was used. and were it came from. thanks mark.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MKIII 1941 helmet   MKIII 1941 helmet  

MKIII 1941 helmet   MKIII 1941 helmet  

MKIII 1941 helmet  

?

Great helmet, is it an Australian helmet.

4md
    ?

Nice helmet, I havnt seen many 1941 dated. Busman i think its an Aussie helmet with the raw edge? but could be wrong. Does it have a makers stamp Mark?

Paul

can not see any makers stamp just the ink stamp on chin strap. and the bails have the MkIII 1941 stamp on them.
    interesting you say that you have not seen many 41 dated helmets I think all the one I have are MkIII 41 dated raw edge helmets.
    I have a MkII 1939 dated raw edge as well.
    would I be right in saying that all the raw edge helmets were Australian made and used.

Quote by busman View Post
    Great helmet, is it an Australian helmet.
    I would say this is a Australian helmet?

?

One I would like to have in my collection. Are these easy to find in Australia like the British is over here in the U.K

Quote by busman View Post
    One I would like to have in my collection. Are these easy to find in Australia like the British is over here in the U.K
    yea I have often came across them at junk stores. found one at a garage sale. but most of the militaria dealers have one or two for sale.

?

I will have to start looking at Australian Militaria sites then. As can't find one over here.

they do vary in condition I find. its like there been sitting in old farm sheds for years of backyard sheds. and prices very a lot too.
    it wasn't that long ago I found a rusted out shell of a mkIII on the ground in the bush not far from were I live. most likely dumped with other rubbish many years ago.

AIF
    ?

G'day Mark, Your helmet looks to be a nice Aussie desert veteran with a wartime refurb/repaint done. Even though it has had a bit of a rough life it is still a nice and not often seen lid. Nice pick up

For comparison here is one I bought from a mate last year. It is 1940 dated and has been wartime repainted and refurbed with a new liner and chinstrap and by the looks of it most likely just sat in stores and was never used as the liner and chinstrap are in mint condition and look to have never been on anybodys head. Like yours it has had a rough green/brown repaint with a brush (inside and out) but you can also see the desert paint peaking through around the rim.

I also notice with yours that the size (7) has been stencilled under the rim after the repaint but got lazy and forgot to on mine lol.

Cheers
    Luke.

MKIII 1941 helmetMKIII 1941 helmetMKIII 1941 helmetMKIII 1941 helmet

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast