Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

MKIV N.H.S.R. Helmet.

Article about: This was a carboot sale find from last year.It has NHSR painted on the front and back of the helmet.This stands for National Hospital Reserve this being a coldwar organization formed in the

NCA
    ?

Thumbs up MKIV N.H.S.R. Helmet.

This was a carboot sale find from last year.It has NHSR painted on the front and back of the helmet.This stands for National Hospital Reserve this being a coldwar organization formed in the late 40's and disbanded in the 60's.The shell is a BMB 1952 and has a black interior.The liner is LTD version also dated 1952 FFL.
    I have a feeling this is a re-used helmed from something like the Aden or Cyprus emergencies?I've seen a picture of troops wearing these with this sand colour but for the life of me cant find it now!!Unless of course its Anti-gas paint??Any thoughts?MKIV N.H.S.R. Helmet.

?

Default Re: MKIV N.H.S.R. Helmet.

All the NHSR helmets I've seen are white but this one is sandy colour so you may be right about Aden or Cyprus.
    Any pics of the inside.
    Aaron

?

Default Re: MKIV N.H.S.R. Helmet.

Just a thought on this one. I have an NFS helmet roughly this colour. On examination with a loupe it turns out it was once white, and the particular paint used had deteriorated into sandy orange colour below.
    It's not exactly the same as yours, however.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MKIV N.H.S.R. Helmet.   MKIV N.H.S.R. Helmet.  

Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]