Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Must see! Took the paint off helmet liner!

Article about: Wait I dont think that the side decals are from the 110th infantry regiment because there insignia looks like the first picture and the crest looks like the 2nd picture. Also why doesnt my s

Default Must see! Took the paint off helmet liner!

Hi I posted the helmet I got last week on the site and the helmet liner was repainted. I took the paint off the liner and found 4 amazing decals. The front had the 28th infantry divisions decal and i scrapped down to the original WW2 Decal, next the 2 side decals i scrapped the paint off and uncovered the crest of the 28th infantry division and the back i saw the outline of a NCO's bar and i used acetone to uncover it. Since there was a serial number on the inside I went on the national archives and research the owner: George H Rutledge, 20318618, Allegheny, PA, Enlisted-2/17/41, Medical department, enlisted rank-staff sergeant. What a great find for 25 DOLLARS! Also he probably landed on Normandy Beach. Also can anyone help me do more research on him? And Do you think i should have the front decal redone? P.S. the decal on the front should be Master Sergeant. - Nick K

Must see! Took the paint off helmet liner!Must see! Took the paint off helmet liner!Must see! Took the paint off helmet liner!Must see! Took the paint off helmet liner!Must see! Took the paint off helmet liner!Must see! Took the paint off helmet liner!

Default Re: Must see! Took the paint off helmet liner!

Now that's just cool!

?

hi ,nice . well worth the time spent stripping the paint off. any idea what the decals are for?.....paul

No I have no idea. All I know about them is that there the 28th infantry division crest. - Nick K

?

Nice job buddy. A lot of work but well worth it.
    SteveR

That's AWESOME! I just make my helmets worse when I strip them

Hi Nick, the decal on the side are the Distinctive Unit Insignia of the 28th Inf Div.

See here for a table of Organisation.

New Page 1

Hope this is of interest?

Cheers, Ade.

Ade,
    you are the encyclopedist of the first order,thanks.....dave h

Nice! Great job stripping the paint.

Well that was very interesting! Also do you think I should have the decal on the front repainted? - Nick K

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast