Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

My french WW 1 helmet

Article about: Thought I would show this helmet I bought in the 1970´s from a flea market in Barcelona. The bluish gray original paint shows well under the Green overpaint. I was recently thinking about ta

Jan
    ?

Default My french WW 1 helmet

Thought I would show this helmet I bought in the 1970´s from a flea market in Barcelona. The bluish gray original paint shows well under the Green overpaint. I was recently thinking about taking the greeen paint off when I suddenly realised it might have been reused in the Spanish Civil war. What do you guys think about this hypothesis? Does anyone have pictures to support my Grand idea

Rgds Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My french WW 1 helmet   My french WW 1 helmet  

My french WW 1 helmet  

Default Re: My french WW 1 helmet

I don't know about usuage in the Spanish Civil War, but it sounds possible to me. I certainly would not remove the paint as it is part of the history of the helmet regardless.

Cheers, Ade.

This link will help:

ESPAÑOL ADRIAN FRANCÉS

Cheers, Ade.

3mk
    ?

Hey there,
    Its not a m15 model Adrian helmet,Its a m26 so it isnt a ww1 helmet.The paint is interesting,I dont know why anyone would repaint it

?

I have seen this model 26 style helmet and paint color before, they were used quite a bit during the Spanish civil war in the thirties. There were many different types of helmets used during this conflict. German style, Italian, Czech, etc..

Hello Jan,

This is an Italian WW1 helmet that was used in the Spanish CW. If you look at the link Ade posted, you see French and these Italian helmets. They were also called Lippmann helmet.

The olive green colour is the colour the Spanish overpainted all there different helmets with for reissue after the CW and WW2. The Spanish army used all helmets till they fell apart, I guess.

Do not remove the paint. It is original to this reissued helmet.

The fact that this helmet does not have the bracket in front, might indicate it was a CW helmet that was not reissued after WW2, so it would be the original CW coat. Makes it more desirable even!

Cheers,
    Emile

Jan
    ?

Quote by emileverbunt View Post
    Hello Jan,

This is an Italian WW1 helmet that was used in the Spanish CW. If you look at the link Ade posted, you see French and these Italian helmets. They were also called Lippmann helmet.

The olive green colour is the colour the Spanish overpainted all there different helmets with for reissue after the CW and WW2. The Spanish army used all helmets till they fell apart, I guess.

Do not remove the paint. It is original to this reissued helmet.

The fact that this helmet does not have the bracket in front, might indicate it was a CW helmet that was not reissued after WW2, so it would be the original CW coat. Makes it more desirable even!

Cheers,
    Emile
    Thank you so very much!!

Rgds Jan

Jan
    ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    This link will help:

ESPAÑOL ADRIAN FRANCÉS

Cheers, Ade.
    Thank you So much Ade!!!

Rgds Jan

?

I ended up with something similar, oddly with fake third Reich decals attached. Impulse buy at a swap meet. When home I realized it was French and tossed into a closet.

Are these things worth anything these days? I think mine is French.

Perhaps I should dig it out.

regards