Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My M1917A1 repurposed WW1 shell still with split rivets.

Article about: I thought that I would share my favorite helmet in my collection. It is a M1917A1 helmet, which's shell was part of the 400,000 british brodie helmets that were purchased by the U.S in 1917

?

Default My M1917A1 repurposed WW1 shell still with split rivets.

I thought that I would share my favorite helmet in my collection. It is a M1917A1 helmet, which's shell was part of the 400,000 british brodie helmets that were purchased by the U.S in 1917 but was repurposed with new paint and a M1917A1 liner. When the British helmets that the U.S purchased were repurposed the split rivets were usually replaced with an American round rivets but this one, for some reason did not have it's rivets replaced which is how I am able to tell it is a repurposed British helmet.
    The emblem on the helmet was used by the 369th coast artillery segregated unit. This helmet has an interesting story in my opinion, since it has parts from the first World War and was used by a regiment that has lineage to the 369th infantry regiment(If you would like to see, click on this link and scroll down until you see "Coast Artillery lineage"https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/369th_Infantry_Regiment_(United_States).
    Thank you for taking the time to read this post, hope you all have a good day, greetings from North Carolina, U.S. My M1917A1 repurposed WW1 shell still with split rivets.My M1917A1 repurposed WW1 shell still with split rivets.My M1917A1 repurposed WW1 shell still with split rivets.My M1917A1 repurposed WW1 shell still with split rivets.

MAP
    ?

Very nice Ethan. I love Flashed Brodies. Never seen a Brodie with the M1917 liner myself.

Photo size is a bit small and can't be enlarged...so we are missing out on the full viewing pleasure
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Really nice helmet and to be linked to a Coast Artillery unit that is a rare find.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

Thank you

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Very nice Ethan. I love Flashed Brodies. Never seen a Brodie with the M1917 liner myself.

Photo size is a bit small and can't be enlarged...so we are missing out on the full viewing pleasure :)
    Yeah, I am out of town right now on vacation and those are photos that I had in one of my files just lying around, so I had not taken a photo of them in detail intending to post it, but when I get back into town I will gladly post some more detailed photos on this thread. Thank you for replying :).

?

If anyone has any M1917A1s they would like to share on this thread that would be greatly appreciated, I love seeing peoples pieces.
    Good day to all, Ethan.

?

Great looking helmet.
    That flash just sings. It's a beauty

SEmper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

I only have one plane jane example but unfortunately no photos of it.

That said...do you have one of these??

US Fiber Parade M1917 Helmet
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Oh, wow, that is a interesting looking helmet. Can't say I have ever seen one of those before.
    Nice find!
    I've never heard of a US Fiber Parade M1917 Helmet.

?

MAP, have you found out what that Parade M1917 Helmet is or is it still unknown?
    Either way, its still very interesting!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast