Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My m34/39 greek helmet

Article about: Hello and good morning. This is my first helmet and i am really excited about it . The shell is not so rusty as it appears in the photos, might be the camera flash that enhance it... It has

Default My m34/39 greek helmet

Hello and good morning.
    This is my first helmet and i am really excited about it .
    The shell is not so rusty as it appears in the photos, might be the camera flash that enhance it...
    It has the war time liner (nub. 55) with the crown, the cross and the ''ΕΛΛΗΝΙΚΟΣ ΣΤΡΑΤΟΣ'' - GREEK ARMY signs.
    I think that the shell paint is the original one and not a repaint, maybe my fellow country men (or anyone else of course )will help me in this. How do we call the overall appearance of my helmet? Good, salty or there is a certain terminology about the helmets?
    I am thinking of cleaning it (has some dirt inside the shell) and put some leather fat/oil in order to soften the leather parts. Do you think i should do it or leave it as it is?

Thanks in advance.
    Stratos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My  m34/39 greek helmet   My  m34/39 greek helmet  

My  m34/39 greek helmet   My  m34/39 greek helmet  

My  m34/39 greek helmet  

I would simply describe it as "good" condition. And don't touch it unless the leather is ready to come apart. My opinion you will only devalue it. Yiasou patrioti!

Bill (Panagopulos)

Thaks for posting this GREEK helmet mate.Wellvome to the forum

Thank you Bill and herrzark. Bill xairetismata apo tin patrida !.
    Any opinions about the shell's colour my friends?

?

I love the used look on this helmet, I would leave it exactly as it is.

Hard to tell using a monitor, and I haven't seen many Greek helmets, but it really doesn't look bad at all.

Vassili

I like it!...

?

Clean the dirt out with brushes. Do not use any leather conditioning product. All they do is make the leather darker, greasy and do nothing to recondition the leather. Actually it harms the leather in the long run.

Greek helmets are rare here in the states I assume that is a Greek helmet of WW2 vintage the kind they would have worn when the German invaded. I enjoy seeing it as you just don't see it much here. I collect the German ones I usually leave them alone unless they are bad you could damage your leather as stated. timothy

Good morning from Greece.
    Thank you for your answers. Timothy you are right, there is a thread from giorgos_p i think, that is very informative, if you want to check it
    The seller told me that the leather conditioning product will mak e the liner ''like new'' but i wasn't sure about . So I'll clean the dirt with a brush or a soft cloth an leave the liner and strap as they are. Thanks SteveR
    Is there a way to remove some fresh rust from the shell (in a gentle and loving way ) or leave it untouched like the liner?

Thank you guys.
    Stratos

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast