Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My MKII's and MKIV

Article about: These are my WWII British/Commonwealth helmets: I have a 1939 dated, JSS stamped helmet with a MK I liner I have a 1942 dated, CL/C Canadian helmet I have a 1939 dated, BMB stamped shell and

Default My MKII's and MKIV

These are my WWII British/Commonwealth helmets:
    I have a 1939 dated, JSS stamped helmet with a MK I liner
    I have a 1942 dated, CL/C Canadian helmet
    I have a 1939 dated, BMB stamped shell and 1940 dated liner. This helmet has a net.
    I have a 1945 dated, BMB stamped MKIV
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My MKII's and MKIV   My MKII's and MKIV  

My MKII's and MKIV   My MKII's and MKIV  

hi paul and welcome to the forum ,thanks for showing your nice examplesregards james
    Regards James

?

A nice selection of home front & army helmets, particularly like the Mk4, as 1945 dated ones are hard to find.

Thank you. What designates home front helmets from army helmets?

?

For British home front helmets smooth khaki green paint on the outside, for them to be army it has to be textured like your Mk4. Apart from the Canadian Mk2 which were smooth paint outside.

?

There is a rare exception to the rule with the Canadian Mk II helmet bodies as there was a batch factory textured painted in late 1942.
    For the most part Paul all Mk II helmet bodies produced in Canada were combat grade shells with the exception of approx 155,000 that were produced of mild steel for the DP&H by G.S.W. in mid 1942.

Regards Mark

Thank you all for the information. Would the home front helmets be for home guard, as they have no stencils for Air Raid Wardens or holes drilled into the shell?

Very nice.

?

Up until 1939 home front helmets were painted this colour, then they went over to black.
    & yes, they could have been used by the home guard, if the net is original to the helmet which it might not, as I can't see any ghosting or imprint of the net on the helmet.
    Plus the paint work looks good on the helmet, but there is a lot of rust stains on the net.

Good to see you posting your helmets here Paul. A good collection.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast