Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My new complete MK4 turtle from 1945 made by BMB?!

Article about: Hello I bought last week this wonderful example of a MK4 Turtle helmet made 1945 The manufacturer is Briggs Motor Bodies and is dated BMB 1945 and the liner is also made 1945 by BMB It is co

Default My new complete MK4 turtle from 1945 made by BMB?!

Hello
    I bought last week this wonderful example of a MK4 Turtle helmet made 1945
    The manufacturer is Briggs Motor Bodies and is dated BMB 1945 and the liner is also made 1945 by BMB
    It is complete and seem to be not used a lot
    The helmet seem to be used by the Royal army, because it was painted Army green
    What is your opinion to this helmet?
    Is it a good example
    On the last picture were its new Family of my other british WW2 helmets
    Best regards
    Bavarian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new complete MK4 turtle from 1945 made by BMB?!   My new complete MK4 turtle from 1945 made by BMB?!  

My new complete MK4 turtle from 1945 made by BMB?!   My new complete MK4 turtle from 1945 made by BMB?!  

My new complete MK4 turtle from 1945 made by BMB?!   My new complete MK4 turtle from 1945 made by BMB?!  

My new complete MK4 turtle from 1945 made by BMB?!  
    Last edited by Bavarian; 09-24-2019 at 04:45 PM. Reason: It is green not blue

If there's evidence of blue paint this is possibly an ex-POLICE helmet. There's generally a view that black was used by the Civil Defence post war - I think you may have a non-military CIVIL helmet there. I can't make out the shell date from your photo...but you say its 1945?

Hello
    Thank for the good feedback
    The helmetshell is stamped 1945
    To the colour i am made a mistake, because the helmet is not blue, but it is green
    Best regards
    Bavarian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new complete MK4 turtle from 1945 made by BMB?!  

Can you show us the blue colour bits.....the helmet itself looks black

Sorry for that
    I thought it was blue but It is green like on the posted picture
    It was my mistake
    Best regards
    Bavarian

It is the typical green/brown shade and it is military issue.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks for the comment Ade
    Was this finished used in Late WW2 or postwar?
    This was my first MK4 that is dated 1945
    Best regards
    Bavarian

The usual late war colour.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

That’s interesting....how something can LOOK black....be blue....then look green......

Thanks all for that great informations about this helmet
    I bought it for 30€ include shipping from a private seller from the rhineland(germany)
    Thats very cheap for an WW2 example
    In germany the 1952 dated helmets were like BW helmets, NVA Stuff and other stuff of the Allied army post 1945 and Wehrmacht Feldflaschen and M35/40/42 shells and groundfounds
    you can find this stuff everywhere in germany
    But the 1944/45 dated examples and other british WW2 helmets were rare and often costs over 200€, but one day you can have luck
    To this colour mistake I was to lazy after posting this post to show on the real example ,as than I looked on the bad Treadpictures on these it seems to be blue/grey
    Best regards
    Bavarian

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast