Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My new helmet

Article about: hey guys, got the helmet i was speaking of in the previous thread, modern US tanker helmet, pictures are below, and if possible anyone able to tell me if it is legit and if possible, able to

Default My new helmet

hey guys, got the helmet i was speaking of in the previous thread, modern US tanker helmet, pictures are below, and if possible anyone able to tell me if it is legit and if possible, able to explain to me what B 31 is?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new helmet   My new helmet  

My new helmet   My new helmet  

My new helmet   My new helmet  

My new helmet  

Default Re: My new helmet

sorry for the bad quality of the close ups of the liner and company stamp, will post more tomorrow. It is a gentex D-132A helmet, which says on the stamp and liner.

Could be Bravo company and tank 31 or thirty first tank Bn. , brigade or regiment. There was a 31st tank batallion as part of the 7th US Armored Division in WWII, but I believe that was disbanded after the war. Could be something else . Anyway, your helmet is legit, so no worries there at all. I wore one of these for a while in my reserve unit as a tank crewman on M60's after my active service. I still have photos of myself wearing one standing next to my tank.

thought it would be something like bravo 31, sorry i'm not from USA so i don't really know the batallions and divisions you guys have, only the ones from WW2

I would also say Bravo Company, tank number 31.

Dusty

ok sweet, do you know what era/years that it was used in?

1990's era they have been made since right after vietnam, up till today. the materials and configuration are the same as one i wore during storm (man that little spot at the back of my head just started itching)

as for markings.. possibly it is bravo company 31st engineers battalion.

ok sweet, so was it worth the 100AUS dollars? (70US)

If you like it, it's worth the money you paid for it.