Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mystery Helmet, RAF Decal, Sweedish Made, German writing?

Article about: What on earth is this helmet. Picked up at an estate auction in Western Massachusetts. Came along with a ton of nazi picture books and other ww2 items. Looks like a sweedish shell, says Hitl

Default Mystery Helmet, RAF Decal, Sweedish Made, German writing?

What on earth is this helmet. Picked up at an estate auction in Western Massachusetts. Came along with a ton of nazi picture books and other ww2 items. Looks like a sweedish shell, says Hitler Youth, has a jewish star, a german phrase, and "a gift from Lt Bruno Stachel"

sorry about the extra pics first time here, hoping to find alot of info...need to get my engineering degree finished hopefully some of this stuff finds its way into the right hands!

Also RAF symbol on helmet?
    Hoping to find it a good home somewhere but first finding out what exactly it is, and if its worth anything is first on the list...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mystery Helmet, RAF Decal, Sweedish Made, German writing?   Mystery Helmet, RAF Decal, Sweedish Made, German writing?  

Mystery Helmet, RAF Decal, Sweedish Made, German writing?   Mystery Helmet, RAF Decal, Sweedish Made, German writing?  

Mystery Helmet, RAF Decal, Sweedish Made, German writing?   Mystery Helmet, RAF Decal, Sweedish Made, German writing?  

Mystery Helmet, RAF Decal, Sweedish Made, German writing?  

Default Re: Mystery Helmet, RAF Decal, Sweedish Made, German writing?

The helmet is Swedish...

Why are you re-posting this helmet and other stuff again Tone???? The answers aren't gonna change and the helmet you seem convinced is a prop from the film 'The Blue Max' is most definitely not. And as for value, well, not worth bothering about really, but you know this already...Don't you.

Mystery Helmet, RAF Decal, Sweedish Made, German writing? First time posting here hope to make some friends!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Nothing there I haven't seen before, sorry...