Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Named Canadian Mk2 from Normandy

Article about: I have just acquired this helmet, from Normandy, seller found it in 1985, in the Hamlet of Cussy, near to Caen. Sold as a Canadian helmet, I cant find the makers mark, though I think it migh

Default Named Canadian Mk2 from Normandy

I have just acquired this helmet, from Normandy, seller found it in 1985, in the Hamlet of Cussy, near to Caen. Sold as a Canadian helmet, I cant find the makers mark (can anyone confirm this from these photos), though I think it might be beneath the rust (where the name appears). I have spent a long time looking at the painted details on the underside of the rim and I think it reads "CAPT MORE_ (then the helmet lug) and then _ _ 2x more unidentified markings.
    I have tried to take photos of the painted marks and would appreciate fresh eyes looking at it, to see what people think.
    I will take better photos in daylight shortly.
    Regards Gary
    PS the name appears to be painted with same paint used for the outside finish.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Named Canadian Mk2 from Normandy   Named Canadian Mk2 from Normandy  

Named Canadian Mk2 from Normandy  

?

interesting helmet, sorry I can't make out what is written on the rim, would be nice to be able to read the whole thing as you could do some further research

Hello, very nice, I had one also, but I gave it to a friend living in Normandy, it was "local".
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

It's Canadian, early British helmets with Mk.II lugs have larger rivets. You can determine if it's made by CL/C or GSW by the way the rim is joined see Mark K' sticky on Canadian helmets
    The Canadian Mk II and its components

Roger