Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

need help identifying helmet please

Article about: by Raider22 Wow! that is soo cool! so you believe this is from Korean war? Sorry I didn't respond earlier... long day of work yesterday and I passed out. I think the metal shell is Korean Wa

Default Re: need help identifying helmet please

Quote by Raider22 View Post
    Wow! that is soo cool! so you believe this is from Korean war?
    Sorry I didn't respond earlier... long day of work yesterday and I passed out.

I think the metal shell is Korean War vintage (most WWII helmets have the seam in the front), but the liner was originally made during WWII. The liner was probably a little beat up after WWII, so it went back to the factory to be rebuilt.

If you take the liner out, the steel shell will have a heat stamp. This is a series of numbers and letters that can be found here:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Heat Stamp.jpg 
Views:	453 
Size:	253.6 KB 
ID:	326651

Depending on how dirty your shell is, you may have to put a little spit on your thumb and gently scrub to reveal the number.

I can't tell you what the heat stamp means... but more experienced members can use that to tell you once and for all when the steel shell of your helmet was made!

Default Re: need help identifying helmet please

i found the heat stamp and the #'s are 1 5664, the 1 is about 1 inch away from the four groupped #'s. Thanks ALlL for the help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12