Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

need help identifying helmet please

Article about: by Raider22 Wow! that is soo cool! so you believe this is from Korean war? Sorry I didn't respond earlier... long day of work yesterday and I passed out. I think the metal shell is Korean Wa

Default need help identifying helmet please

Hello, i recently purchased this helmet and was told it was WWII but not sure. This is the 1st helmet i have owned. the bale swivels and i saw a stamp on the inside helmet with the #'s 1 then a space 5664. ANy help is greatly appreciated! thanks ALL in advanced!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture need help identifying helmet please   need help identifying helmet please  

need help identifying helmet please   need help identifying helmet please  

Default Re: need help identifying helmet please

The liner is either WW2 or Korean War vintage... but it's missing some pieces (leather chinstrap is missing, nape strap is torn). I am not sure about the steel pot yet. Is there a seam on the front brim of the helmet, or on the back?

Also on the liner... look thru that loop. You should see a little logo stamped into the liner. What is it?

What does the cloth chinstrap say? Something about Mississippi? Graffiti, perhaps? I doubt it's period done...

On the rim on the metal shell, is the join in the front or the back. Also on the liners, at the top on the inside, what markings are there? What colour is the webbing, hard to tell from the pics

Jason

the seam appears to be on the back, in the liner, there is a cross with a "W" in a circle then in the cross it looks like this
    C
    A
    C A AC
    A
    C

Ok... If I remember correctly, that means you have a WWII vintage Westinghouse liner that was rewebbed by CAPAC for use during the Korean conflict.

Your helmet shell is a rear seam, swivel bale... I'd say in general you have a Korean War helmet. BUT Please wait for more experienced members to respond!

the logo looks like an anchor
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture need help identifying helmet please  

the chin strap says "mississipi- Lauret "

Here is a WWII partial service record for an Ernest Lauret from Mississippi:
    NARA - AAD - Display Full Records - Electronic Army Serial Number Merged File, ca. 1938 - 1946 (Enlistment Records)

Wow! that is soo cool! so you believe this is from Korean war?

vietnam shell + chinstraps with capac korean liner.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast