Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help Identifying a (WWII?) American Helmet

Article about: I found what i think is a WWII helmet in my attic and when i tried to identify it with online photos and such nothing came up. I can send pictures if anyone wants to email me or i can put th

johnnymitnick
    ?

Default Need Help Identifying a (WWII?) American Helmet

I found what i think is a WWII helmet in my attic and when i tried to identify it with online photos and such nothing came up. I can send pictures if anyone wants to email me or i can put them up here. It looks like it has an M-1 shell but the liner and straps dont match up at all. The liner is bolted on and the straps are attached to the liner, which is also made out of leather. On the front inside of the helmet are crossed stamped on swords next to the number 54 above a bigger number 2. On the inside right of the the helmet is the marking I - 72. On the outside the helmet looks like it has a little bit of dried blood and a lot of scratches and nicks, but other than that the helmet is in really good condition. Other than that, I know nothing about where it came from or anything, and if you could help that would be awesome, thanks!
    Last edited by johnnymitnick; 06-25-2011 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Here are the Pics

Default Re: Need Help Identifying a (WWII?) American Helmet

Pictures here would be really a help. William

johnnymitnick
    ?

Okay i posted the pictures i took just now

Still cannot see them..............
    Regards,

Steve.

Please post pics. - Nick K