Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Need ID on this Helmet

Article about: This helmet was purchased by my brother back in the 70's when he was stationed in Germany. He died in a car accident there so I don't know where he purchased it or what type of helmet it is.

supernova
    ?

Default Need ID on this Helmet

This helmet was purchased by my brother back in the 70's when he was stationed in Germany. He died in a car accident there so I don't know where he purchased it or what type of helmet it is. Please let me know what u think. Thanx.

?

Default Re: Need ID on this Helmet

Could that be a police or firefighters helmet. I only say that be cause of the metal top peice

I agree, it looks like some kind of pre-WWI police or firefighter helmet. I think I have seen one of these for sale at one point and if I recall correctly, it was pre-WWI.

?

Yeh it's got the beginnings of that police shako, but a lot earlier......and those metal combs on helmets usually are found on police and firefighters helmets. I am leaning more towards a police helmet at this stage, but I have little knowledge on these types, just from what I have seen in photos etc...

And the liner doesn't seem to have any attachment points for a neck flap that you would see on a firefighters helmet.

Just my gut feeling, nice helmet though

supernova
    ?

Thanx guys for ur opinions. A few years ago I did a search on google and the closest I came to matching it was a fireman's helmet from I believe France but none of them were exactly like this one. If anyone can find a photo of one exactly like this one please post it with any other info about it. Thanx.