Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need a little help with a british helmet

Article about: hiys guys this is the only British WW2 lid i have & is not really my area i need a little help to confirm all is British or not with this one as im going to be selling it but need to con

?

Default Need a little help with a british helmet

hiys guys

this is the only British WW2 lid i have & is not really my area i need a little help to confirm all is British or not with this one as im going to be selling it but need to confirm these things first so i can give better description also is the paint the right colour as well ????

big thanks in advance

p.s i know the netting is not original to the helmet as i added
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need a little help with a british helmet   Need a little help with a british helmet  

Need a little help with a british helmet   Need a little help with a british helmet  

Need a little help with a british helmet   Need a little help with a british helmet  

Default Re: Need a little help with a british helmet

Hi Nick, the liner is marked "BMB" for "Briggs Motor Bodies" and is British.

I would be concerned about the painted interior though.

Cheers, Ade.

?

thanks Ade

the interior does look fresh compared to the rest of it also is that chin strap ok ????

?

i think the liner may have been taken out as the screw on top looks to have been messed with ????
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need a little help with a british helmet  

The liner may well have been out. Earlier screws were different.

The chinstrap is the later simplified MKIII. Early ones were sprung loaded.

Cheers, Ade.

?

thanks Ade