Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Netted and Scrimmed 1941 dated C.L./C.

Article about: A rather nice 1941 dated C.L./C. sporting a lovely late war knotted and scrimmed Canadian two tone net the oilcloth ( America cloth ) is in three different shades dark brown,light brown and

?

Default Netted and Scrimmed 1941 dated C.L./C.

A rather nice 1941 dated C.L./C. sporting a lovely late war knotted and scrimmed Canadian two tone net the oilcloth ( America cloth ) is in three different shades dark brown,light brown and green and shown heavy use and wear...The paint on the exterior of helmet body is rather dull and very likely caused by long term movement of the net over the surface ...This example has that been there done that look I like so much in my helmets...

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Netted and Scrimmed 1941 dated C.L./C.   Netted and Scrimmed 1941 dated C.L./C.  

Netted and Scrimmed 1941 dated C.L./C.   Netted and Scrimmed 1941 dated C.L./C.  

A very nice looking Canadian MK II thanks for posting it

Matt

SMP
    ?

You already know what I think of that combination !

?

Very nice Mark, do you ever check inside the liner to see a service number?

That's a corker Mark, a great example of a true combat MKII. Leon.

?

Thanx Gents she displays rather nicely on the shelf it is the only Canadian example that I have that utilises three different coloured strips of american cloth...
    And yes Aaron on the norm I check for soldiers names and or service numbers and will flip the rexine tabs over and look on the underside of the band unless the cloth is to brittle and there is a chance of cracking and or damaging the finish...
    Hear are a few other examples of netted and scrimmed Canadian helmets from my collection for comparative purposes...

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Netted and Scrimmed 1941 dated C.L./C.   Netted and Scrimmed 1941 dated C.L./C.  

Netted and Scrimmed 1941 dated C.L./C.