Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

New addition WW2 US tanker helmet

Article about: by RH1941 Chris I had the chance to buy one a while back it was the first thing I saw when I walked into the show and it had everything. I told the guy I wanted to walk around first walked a

Default Re: New addition WW2 US tanker helmet

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Chris I had the chance to buy one a while back it was the first thing I saw when I walked into the show and it had everything. I told the guy I wanted to walk around first walked away for less then 5 min. kicked myself and went back it was GOA.
    You got to be careful India are reproducing them.
    I miss a very nice one years ago in a German fleamarket in Frankfork for 50 marks.But back in those days 50 marks was a lot of money.
    chris

Thanks for all the comments guys.
    chris

How about some pics of the goggles please Chris.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Hi Chris, I havn't been here in a while but some things don't change like that beaut. you just picked up. Congrat's

Tyrone

I think you may find that these are a M44 type if you look at the date marks.
    Here is a link to Nunos pair that show where to look ............http://www.google.com/imgres?q=M44+G...3&tx=113&ty=77.............
    They did make this same style for civil use also that was unmarked.

?

Nice nice addition to the collection Chris!!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Lovely Chris now don't play NFL with it hey! nice to see a different maker. Mine have always been sports related manufacturers - I've since traded off the Rawlings one regretfully!

Nice Rawlings Clark, That is what the C in circle is for.
    These are harder to find Rene. And this Co. started in my home state of Missouri.
    The company was founded in 1887 by George and Alfred Rawlings, brothers who opened a small store in St. Louis Missouri. Its first catalogue characterized the company as "Dealers in Fishing Tackle, Guns, Baseball, Football, Golf, Polo, Tennis, Athletic and General Sporting Goods." The store soon went up in flames, so the Rawlings brothers got into manufacturing in 1898 in partnership with Charles W. Scudder, who put up the money.
    Eric

Cheers Eric, salt on the wound hey hehehe I had to dice up on which one to trade off, the rawlings came from the author Kenneth Lewis and he had a bunch of these back in "05, and the wilson came from a very good mate who regretted selling it to me lots of years ago and always he likes to see it every now and then so I kept my mates one

Having the chance to hold and learn from an item, it has its own values that still retain.

Eric

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast