Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

New Canadian MK2

Article about: Hi Friends, I show you this new arrival and ask your opinion. It is a Canadian MK2 repainted in dark glossy green, probably after the war/korean War time, but in all it is a MK2 WW2: shell,

Default New Canadian MK2

Hi Friends,
    I show you this new arrival and ask your opinion.
    It is a Canadian MK2 repainted in dark glossy green, probably after the war/korean War time, but in all it is a MK2 WW2: shell, liner, chinstrap and in the point where the paint it's scratched, is visible the original khaki green.
    Shell: G.S.W. A C MK1 1941
    Liner: V.M.C II/1942
    Size 7
    Dual tone net
    I liked it and I took it, because I think that it still had an interesting story to tell.

Greetings
    Roberto

New Canadian MK2New Canadian MK2New Canadian MK2New Canadian MK2New Canadian MK2New Canadian MK2New Canadian MK2New Canadian MK2

Hi Roberto, that one is in lovely clean condition, I wonder if it was ever issued? Leon.

It's True, Leon
    is in excellent condition, just outside there is some light scratching, I think it's been used in WW2 and then reconditioned using spare parts of wartime.
    Perhaps from picture is not seen, but under the paint is in khaki green color of wartime.

Cheers
    Roberto
    Last edited by OldSteel; 01-02-2016 at 03:49 PM.

As said a very nice condition Canadian MKII and I agree that it probably repainted after the war Mark would know for certain, thanks for posting it.

Matt

Hi Matt,
    surely Mark will certainly say the origin of this helmet and his comment is welcome.

Roberto