MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 23 of 81 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 73 ... LastLast

The new ebay money maker

Article about: One of these sold for over £880. The other two hope to !

?

Not to mention the net(if it's original) Please don't forget to give him the positive feedback he deserves

Quote by SMP View Post
    Well you haven't totally wasted your money. The liner and strap alone are worth almost what you paid. If original this lid would be worth at least £500-£800 .

It looks like someone used a raw-edged BMB ex-NFS helmet to create it.

Edit : Just realised it doesn't have a strap ! Well the net must be worth something !
    Yeah i looked at it and noticed it was rim less so thought it may be quite early.
    What is ex NFS ?

Cheers

SMP
    ?

Quote by HistoryMan View Post
    Yeah i looked at it and noticed it was rim less so thought it may be quite early.
    What is ex NFS ?

Cheers
    BMB made a small batch of raw-edge helmets in 1941. Lots of them went to the fire service. The large white service number also looks like a NFS number. Not saying it definitely is - just a possibility.

This is the page with his pic on: About Us | House on the Hill Toy Museum

I believe this is the same chap too, pics of him clinging on to his "cock": Biggest cockerel in the world: Little John rules the roost | Daily Mail Online (Mountfitchet castle mentioned in the Mail article and the House on the Hill Toy Museum are co-located - according to this page Latest News – Mountfitchet Castle - so it's safe to assume it is the same chap...

Worth looking out for at shows - if he attends any...and assuming his products haven't already given him away before you clock the face...

What is ex NFS ?

Cheers
    one like this, though mine is unmessed with.

Still, at least you got it for a sensible price, hopefully you can get that kacky paint off it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The new  ebay money maker   The new  ebay money maker  

The new  ebay money maker  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    one like this, though mine is unmessed with.

Still, at least you got it for a sensible price, hopefully you can get that kacky paint off it.
    I don't think its really worth having

So it seems another allegedly dodgy person working for the BBC !!!

?

I don't think its really worth having

So it seems another allegedly dodgy person working for the BBC !!!
    I was thinking of going for the Hadrian's Wall helmet and scraping the 'camouflage' off to see how it was done, if the paint underneath had fully hardened and then posting the results/step by step pics here but it sold for more than I was willing to pay.

I was stunned how many sale posts are actually hugging ebay.!every other one seems to be a Goldie special,even Airborne with photo's and signed provenance.!surely this can't be the new upgrade way of plain out and out deceitfulness can it!!!!!

The sale was cancelled so no money lost or harm done
    I will know for next time

Cheers

?

Good afternoon guys
    Not sure this is the correct place for this post
    Check out the description Military Trader is providing for this helmet on e-bay (item Number 391587139465) Looks like there is no honour among thieves.What a hypocrite !!!!

Page 23 of 81 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 73 ... LastLast