Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 27 of 81 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 77 ... LastLast

The new ebay money maker

Article about: One of these sold for over £880. The other two hope to !

Quote by SMP View Post
    A NATO stock number (UK country of origin code = 99) on a tag sealed 11-4?

Right.....

SMP
    ?

More ebay bargains
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The new  ebay money maker   The new  ebay money maker  

?

I think my pic says it all Steve in regards to your last two offerings...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The new  ebay money maker  

?

This time,it's Jeremy Goldsmith's father Alan that's selling them,

?

I went for a walk with the dog and a pair of wire cutters and now have something almost equally as rare, a bit of modern hessian and all’s good 😊

Seriously though, after seeing a few wired up helmets for sale did Commonwealth troops ever put wire, barbed or not, on their helmets? I've always dismissed them as being recent applications.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The new  ebay money maker  

?

This shouldn’t really fool anybody except perhaps someone who doesn’t usually collect Commonwealth helmets.

STAHLHELM MK II / TELLERHELM MALTA-CAMOUFLAGE 1940 | eBay

It comes from the same seller who in post 252 sold the Polish badged MKII with ‘veroised’ post war Belgian liner for 188 euros.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The new  ebay money maker   The new  ebay money maker  

?

shown in a training manual
    The new  ebay money maker..

?

John,

Thanks for showing the photo. The clips (as in your Ranville lid) seem to be a more permanent job than wire and hooks however, I'm struggling to believe why the barbs wouldn't have been cut off if someone actually used barbed wire.

I have to say that I've yet to see a period image of barbed wire being used....but it could've....we don't know what every single soldier did for every day of the war.....BUT there's been a number for sale on Ebay and if, between us, we ain't seen ONE image, in all our combined years of collecting, statistically that becomes hard to accept. That said, I've seen an awful lot of period pictures of decaled helmets, "Malta Camo" helmets, beautifully lettered Home Fronters.....and guess what, that doesn't make every lid on the market kosher either.

?

To our US ebayers out there, beware. This Canadian helmet, well British actually.
    Here's the description.
    Up for auction is a great example of a canadian brodie helmet, which has been in storage for the past 70 years. The helmet has a nice brown patina to the shell and has light surface rust, which was caused by the storage of the helmet by the veteran. The inside of the helmet has rust as well, but the liner is not affected by it, and it stays supple and flexible, and has the pad at the bottom and the drawstring. The liner date is hard to read but i think it says 1942. The helmet is a VERY early manufactured helmet, made in 1939 by F&L. The helmet exhibits unit markings an the front o the helmet, and a unit insignia on the side. This is a very good example of a early made canadian brodie helmet, so don't miss out on this offer!

The new  ebay money maker  

Page 27 of 81 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 77 ... LastLast