Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 31 of 81 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 ... LastLast

The new ebay money maker

Article about: One of these sold for over £880. The other two hope to !

I noticed this one the other day, though did not look at it and missed the rat
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

SMP
    ?

Quote by Composite View Post
    From "Spanmil" on eBay I understand.....
    Yes.

Wonder who the "artist" is . Love his work.

'Spanmil' AKA SPANdau MILitaria... also sold a few days ago a repro PH hood. It went for over £600

A rat. How very appropriate. Perhaps our other friend will turn one up with a cockroach.

£158 tho.....but it WAS £300+ on their web site a few days apparently....

It's interesting how the supporting (?) documentation looked OK...but it simply referred to a ROLE and not an associated helmet marking. Over the years I've pulled together hundreds of roles mentioned in such documentation and some, inevitably, will have ended up on lids...but I kinda feel more happy when I see "Distinctive Markings on Steel Helmets" as a heading in such docs....but what do I know.......

SMP
    ?

Quote by William1 View Post
    A rat. How very appropriate. Perhaps our other friend will turn one up with a cockroach.
    Ha!

So....I have a question....would you buy from a dealer you're 100% certain "enhances" stuff if they had something in their stock that you were confident was right AND and you wanted it?

My own approach is often to find a sharp serrated blade and remove my nose...as they say...and avoid based on the seller rather than be lured by the item.....

I have to say it's a massive disappointment finding something with a "wow" factor and THEN seeing the sellers name........this must be the only situation where I'm brand-conscious!!

?

Quote by Composite View Post
    So....I have a question....would you buy from a dealer you're 100% certain "enhances" stuff if they had something in their stock that you were confident was right AND and you wanted it?

My own approach is often to find a sharp serrated blade and remove my nose...as they say...and avoid based on the seller rather than be lured by the item.....

I have to say it's a massive disappointment finding something with a "wow" factor and THEN seeing the sellers name........this must be the only situation where I'm brand-conscious!!
    I personally wouldn't but saying that, there isn't anything I can think of that'd be a must have. Unlike many, that gives me the luxury of hanging about waiting for the next item to come along that takes my fancy.

There are six sellers based in the UK I would never buy from on ebay (3 of them are possibly the same person trading under different names), two of them recently had good, honest WWI items I'd ordinarily bid on but I didn't. Although if I'm being 100% honest, at a fair I might react differently even if the seller was known to peddle dodgy stuff.

SMP
    ?

I have to say I bought a really lovely MKI* from MTUK, so I guess that answers your question. I know the whole hobby is littered with sh*tbag sellers , but I have always believed it is the responsibility of the buyer to know what he/she is buying.

MAP
    ?

Quote by SMP View Post
    I have to say I bought a really lovely MKI* from MTUK, so I guess that answers your question. I know the whole hobby is littered with sh*tbag sellers , but I have always believed it is the responsibility of the buyer to know what he/she is buying.
    If you could "embargo" them, I would let them keep their stuff (good and bad) and let them slowly starve to death with unsold inventory....but we all know embargo's don't work....LoL
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 31 of 81 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 ... LastLast