Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 47 of 81 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 57 ... LastLast

The new ebay money maker

Article about: One of these sold for over £880. The other two hope to !

SMP
    ?

........by the same hand ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The new  ebay money maker  

Cynic ! :-)

weren't some of these found on Malta? a whole batch?....'thought I'd read something somewhere.....

...and there were WW1 tanker's masks there too.......allegedly.......

SMP
    ?

Quote by Composite View Post
    Cynic ! :-)

weren't some of these found on Malta? a whole batch?....'thought I'd read something somewhere.....

...and there were WW1 tanker's masks there too.......allegedly.......
    It takes this particular seller about 6 months to find each of these. I checked his feedback....this is only the 4th one he has every found !!

‘Anyone ever told you that you ought to get out more.........

Unusual old antique leather possible WW1 ? tank crew helmet as worn with mask | eBay

It seems he is at it again with a user id I haven't seen before. "Unusual old antique leather possible WW1 ? tank crew helmet as worn with mask . Sorry no history was bought into the antique centre where it was purchased with various other old antique items, was told it is possibly a tank helmet but I'm sure you all know what it is, hence no reserve , see the various photos for condition etc , sold as purchased uncleaned"

Oh how terribly quaint! You don't know what it is, but you think it might be, um, er, one of those tanky-type things? Yes we know exactly what it is and so do you Mr. Scum: it is a very obviously new fake tank helmet. Do the Essex location and the laminate floor in the other items pictures look familar? Is your name really John Roberts? Ho hum, I suspect an investigation might show otherwise.

It must be difficult running all those separate eBay accounts! This one would appear to mainly for the toys since ‘vongold’ appears to be retired.
    It’s rather apt that you brought this to our attention on Remembrance Day, he is a reminder of all those crooks, spivs and war profiteers who earnt money whilst good men died.

I can remember coal merchants wearing this style of helmet in the 1950's... and sometimes binmen too

The new  ebay money maker
    Last edited by HARRY THE MOLE; 11-11-2018 at 04:45 PM.

I think the inner may be original and the outer has been remade as the patina varies so much. In the remaking they forgot to put in the 4 air vent holes on either side that should be there on the 1916 pattern. Also the split pins have far longer tails than seen on originals.
    British leather tank helmets... can anyone help ? - Other Equipment - Great War Forum

Quote by Roger M View Post
    I think the inner may be original and the outer has been remade as the patina varies so much. In the remaking they forgot to put in the 4 air vent holes- Other Equipment - Great War Forum[/url]
    Don't you worry next "find" will have the vent holes����

But the patina of 100 year old leather is hard to match. That leather also looks far more supple than an original.

John Roberts is selling as Bocking Antiques centre Braintree Antiques Centre – Antique Vintage & Retro at Bocking Arts Theatre Braintree so maybe no connection with our favourite seller.

Page 47 of 81 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 57 ... LastLast