Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 51 of 81 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 ... LastLast

The new ebay money maker

Article about: One of these sold for over £880. The other two hope to !

Quote by Grimebox View Post
    Hmmm, not sure about seller:mikeantiqueinvestments. Started at the end of last year, only 28 feedback, mix of sus militaria and toys. Location given as Southsea.

Found him - seller:insomnia-parents
    Feedback of 905 so I guess it’s a renamed account.

?

Quote by Grimebox View Post
    Found him - seller:insomnia-parents
    Feedback of 905 so I guess it’s a renamed account.
    A quick check of the eBay user ID history shows that insomnia-parents was indeed bobandfredsbits up until the 13th of February 2019.

Regards
    Brett

?

I've been reading this post over a few days and have had indeed similar situations in another field of collecting.
    My advise would to be forget complaining to ebay and to fight dirty and not within the rules.
    My short story goes like this: For years this particular seller sold fraudulently obtained items and was receptive to all manor of threats for those years that was until I set up a website not only showing his criminal convictions with appropriate links but also a business that relied on google feedback, trip advisor and all matter of forums related to his business.....guess what he stopped. Moral to the story 'fight fire with fire'.

- - ------- - -

I've been reading this post over a few days and have had indeed similar situations in another field of collecting.
    My advise would to be forget complaining to ebay and to fight dirty and not within the rules.
    My short story goes like this: For years this particular seller sold fraudulently obtained items and was receptive to all manor of threats for those years that was until I set up a website not only showing his criminal convictions with appropriate links but also a business that relied on google feedback, trip advisor and all matter of forums related to his business.....guess what he stopped. Moral to the story 'fight fire with fire'.

Sounds like a good idea. If you name the website the same as the business name/actual name of the fraudster, it should pop up if potential victims decide to check out the seller. Being a website outside of ebay that makes it difficult for the crim to shut it down, and the last thing this type want is exposure.

What's the game with Tripadvisor, pay me or I'll post bad comments?

?

It takes a bit of research as you could imagine. I finally found his business after years of not seeing it but staring me in the face, so I got to some feedback which didn't look like it was obvious and yet very damaging to his business and reputation......and then sent him messages from various people simultaneously laughing and 'see what we can now do' sort of comments. And it stopped literally overnight.
    Tripadvisor like other sites including first page google is all about the experience you have with that persons business but I also went one step further and setup a website devoted specifically to him and his deceit.

?

Seriously these people do not stop unless you can truly match them. Huff and puff just doesn't work.

?

Yes I like your suggestion about naming the website after his business name.....great idea, had never thought of that one hmmmmm.

Even better if your not in the same country as his legal BS threats doesn't count, not that those sort of threats would ever bother me as he would have more to lose.
    Or you can scramble your ISP which isn't difficult at all.

Jeremy seems to have been very quiet for the last few weeks, "jj-collectables-ltd" and "insomnia-parents" both have 0 items listed.

I haven't spotted any renamed accounts yet either!

I suspect he's lying low due to all of the complaints to ebay/the police. Fingers crossed he's finally got the message or facing prosecution.

- - ------- - -
    Last edited by JimRAMC; 03-07-2019 at 01:21 PM. Reason: double post

Yes he has quietened down and the main military trader account is still inactive. Jeremy has clearly been restricted by eBay and is only listing a few items on the insomnia account. The Flitters have been using their hugo-sebastian account to sell fake holocaust items.

Page 51 of 81 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 ... LastLast