Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

New helmet: HADRIANS Wall CAMO MKII Northumbrian Ulster Territorial Service

Article about: Hello all, just got this helmet in the mail, arrived direct from Essex today. A smashing example of a MkII helmet badged to the Royal Engineers, in Hadrians wall camo, and it in fact has wha

New helmet: HADRIANS Wall CAMO MKII Northumbrian Ulster Territorial Service:d

?

I heard he's not in oz any more, but in a village in Essex

So all it takes is one short boat ride and you too can have a Hadrians wall camo helmet! I doubt however that any further examples will contain THE Kings shilling however.

SMP
    ?

Thought i'd found one, but i'm beginning to have doubts .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New helmet: HADRIANS Wall CAMO MKII Northumbrian Ulster Territorial Service  

?

On this particular one,he ran out of chicken wire ,not bothering to go to buy some,he thought "oh well ,those suckers out there will believe anything" so he just painted it on

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    This is a joke thread. See the E Bay new money maker thread.

LOL.

Cheers, Ade.
    I'm glad! The first few posts had me wondering. I take it that someone is selling horrible fakes on fleabay and unfortunate souls are snapping them up at outlandish prices. Sad.

Quote by SMP View Post
    Thought i'd found one, but i'm beginning to have doubts .
    The granddaddy of them all.

Sadly not, just another POS IMO. Note the black paint underneath it all. Close but no cigar.

Let the quest continue.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by carpediem View Post
    I'm glad! The first few posts had me wondering. I take it that someone is selling horrible fakes on fleabay and unfortunate souls are snapping them up at outlandish prices. Sad.
    It was more or less meant to both poke fun at some of the "historic items" being flogged by a particular seller, and to help bring attention to it.

Glad to see someone got the NUTS reference as well.

?

Our dear friend GOLDIE is also selling a signed para helmet, can any of you experts please comment on it? Is it in your opinions also pimped up? Or is it the real deal finally?
    Joe

it is likely just to be a para helmet that someone got Richards to sign. The name on the liner isn't that of Richards, and the helmet appears to have been given a green overpaint covering a much lighter white? colour. But for once, Goldie appears to be giving a reasonably accurate description.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast