Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

New MKII and a hessian cover

Article about: Hello, Hereís another helmet I picked up, dated 1943 but I canít make out anything else. Is the red coming through some kind of primer used in the factory? The liner stamp is very hard to re

?

Thanks for the post Roberto, I think I'll contact the person I got it from and ask if he's 100% sure it's a late war factory finished helmet as we can all make mistakes.

Tony

?

Hi Tony let us know how it works out for you seems like you have the lid covered and hopefully an answer will be forth coming as to the Hessian cover though I do like the construction and it is very reminiscent of one in my own collection I wonder if the example you have shown is of the WWI and or WW II era.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 3320.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	378.1 KB 
ID:	890678   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 3319.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	374.5 KB 
ID:	890679  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 3323.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	340.8 KB 
ID:	890677  
    Always on the look out for WW II Canadian Helmets and Cam nets to add to my collection.

Found a Canadian Mk II Medics Helmet and yes I know they are about as rare as hens teeth !!!!!

?

Mark, all good re the helmet, the dealer is an ok bloke and offered a refund.

As for the cover well, I've never handled an original and to be honest they must be relatively easy to fake but this one does look good although as with yours and Aaron's, they're both made from one piece whereas mine is a two piece construction. I'd be over the moon if it was WWI, I might even check to see how well it fits a MKI and if the damage around the rim matches. If so I'll post the result in the 'MKII (& MKI or earlier) helmets' sticky thread.

?

Hi Tony I have some period images of two piece Hessian covers somewere I will try and find them and post them up.

Regards Mark
    Always on the look out for WW II Canadian Helmets and Cam nets to add to my collection.

Found a Canadian Mk II Medics Helmet and yes I know they are about as rare as hens teeth !!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12