Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Newbie Alert Could I get your expertise on this helmet?

Article about: Hi all. My dad is a Australian Vietnam Veteran 67-69 who is expandng his collection. He is looking for an Australian Helmet from the Vietnam war and I have no idea what to look for. Dad has

Default Newbie Alert Could I get your expertise on this helmet?

Hi all. My dad is a Australian Vietnam Veteran 67-69 who is expandng his collection. He is looking for an Australian Helmet from the Vietnam war and I have no idea what to look for. Dad has been able to tell me a few things about colour etc, but I know there can be fakes out there. We have a bid on one at the moment, but we are unsure of whether it is an Australian issue or US helmet. Would really appreciate any help I can get. Thank you in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Newbie Alert Could I get your expertise on this helmet?   Newbie Alert Could I get your expertise on this helmet?  

Newbie Alert Could I get your expertise on this helmet?   Newbie Alert Could I get your expertise on this helmet?  

Newbie Alert Could I get your expertise on this helmet?   Newbie Alert Could I get your expertise on this helmet?  

Newbie Alert Could I get your expertise on this helmet?  

Hi ,what I can tell you is that this is a "rear seam" shell that suggests post WW2 , also the liner "triangles" are black as opposed to green painted which again says post WW2. To me this sits pretty as a Korea/early Vietnam period helmet.( the neck band looks to be possibley 1957) Leon.

Hi and welcome,if the shell has DF stamped on the inside front visor then its an Australian produced under licence Helmet which would be post Vietnam from the late 1970's to early 1980's,the liner is a US type p55,produced from 1955-1963,if you can show any other shell stamp markings then i can confirm one way or the other what you do actually have...............

I never read the title properly.your Dad is looking for an original Australian Vietnam period M1 issued Helmet,to answer that is simple they dont exist as the Australian M1 was only produced under license from 1979,however not all is lost,some 1 million US Helmets were purchased by the Australian government as a part of the war effort,so if you can find one with a name or service number that relates specifically to Australian personnel then technically that would count as a genuine Australian Nam era lid,good luck with your quest.