Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

NFS Section 6 MKII Helmet.

Article about: Hi all, guess what? Another one is on it's way! I have just bought this NFS helmet that is dated 1941, it is a bit grubby and some very old news paper has become attached to the liner, but I

Default NFS Section 6 MKII Helmet.

Hi all, guess what? Another one is on it's way! I have just bought this NFS helmet that is dated 1941, it is a bit grubby and some very old news paper has become attached to the liner, but I will have a look at whether I should ease that away or not when it arrives. I really like the overall look of this one and it is nicely named and numbered. One image shows a "red band" that may signify a higher rank but as it does not show up on the other images I think it is a "refection" from the background material that the helmet is sitting on. Either way I like this one! This home front gear is a lot cheaper than my usual Third Reich purchases and every bit as interesting!!! Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NFS Section 6 MKII Helmet.   NFS Section 6 MKII Helmet.  

NFS Section 6 MKII Helmet.   NFS Section 6 MKII Helmet.  

NFS Section 6 MKII Helmet.   NFS Section 6 MKII Helmet.  

NFS Section 6 MKII Helmet.  

Leon you are the man of the moment on Britlids,like buses mate one comes along then another and so on,another interesting purchase so well done to you and keep on rolling with it........

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Leon you are the man of the moment on Britlids,like buses mate one comes along then another and so on,another interesting purchase so well done to you and keep on rolling with it........
    Cheers Jake, I may have to slow down a bit until next month otherwise the wife is going to have one crappy holiday in London! "lets go out for a meal", "We can't, I have spent all the dough on helmets( again)!" Do you know if there is a database of the area/section numbers and their locations? I have had a look on the "ol" google but I have not found one yet. Leon.

Aarons the one if anyone will know with regards to area coding etc,not good then spending prior to your holsdo the meal thing and maybe it wont be that bad afterall,take pics of anywhere interesting (war related of course)...have a safe trip............

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Aarons the one if anyone will know with regards to area coding etc,not good then spending prior to your holsdo the meal thing and maybe it wont be that bad afterall,take pics of anywhere interesting (war related of course)...have a safe trip............
    Thanks, I hope he chips in with some information for me! Leon.

?

Fire force 6,Hessle, regional HQ Leeds,CD region North Eastern2.
    A red band, either 1/2" - 1 1/2" wide depending on the rank, might be under the khaki green paint, & is showing through in places.
    Be good to see better pics when it arrives, well done.

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Fire force 6,Hessle, regional HQ Leeds,CD region North Eastern2.
    A red band, either 1/2" - 1 1/2" wide depending on the rank, might be under the khaki green paint, & is showing through in places.
    Be good to see better pics when it arrives, well done.
    Thank you so much for that information, it is really appreciated, it all adds to the interest in this piece for me. History and background is what it is all about. I will post some new images when it arrives, Leon.

?

Nice helmet...be careful though you will soon want one from each region and rank! I think the red ring is a reflection unfortunately.

Here's a link to the regions, the "Men's Service' tab shows helmet rank markings Home
    Steve.

Quote by Tinhat View Post
    Nice helmet...be careful though you will soon want one from each region and rank! I think the red ring is a reflection unfortunately.

Here's a link to the regions, the "Men's Service' tab shows helmet rank markings Home
    Steve.
    Great stuff Steve, thanks, Leon.

Hi Leon
    I have a mint NFS 26 for Liverpool, named , and about 15 other types......... home front/combat, that I'm going to sell if you're interested pm me

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast