Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Nice Mk II junk shop find

Article about: I bought this helmet the other week, looks like a 1938 dated liner but cant make out a date on the lid itself, It has a small C mark on the liner (shown in 2nd pic I think) is this a Canadia

Default Nice Mk II junk shop find

I bought this helmet the other week, looks like a 1938 dated liner but cant make out a date on the lid itself, It has a small C mark on the liner (shown in 2nd pic I think) is this a Canadian stamp?. Whats interesting, is the helmet came as you see it in the pics, with net and dressing. It could be made up but there are alot of cob webs around the dressing and under the net so its been there a while. Any opinions?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nice Mk II junk shop find   Nice Mk II junk shop find  

Nice Mk II junk shop find   Nice Mk II junk shop find  

Nice Mk II junk shop find  

?

Default Re: Nice Mk II junk shop find

Hi,
    Looks like a nice MkII, the shell was made by BMB & is post March 1939 as it has the MkIII chin strap lugs. That would tie in well with the MkI 38 dated liner, the C with an arrow through it & numbers is the quality control mark.
    Nice one
    Aaron

Nice lid, especially with the bandage and net.

Everything is up in price these days, so a great 'junk shop' find..............
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Hi,
    Looks like a nice MkII, the shell was made by BMB & is post March 1939 as it has the MkIII chin strap lugs. That would tie in well with the MkI 38 dated liner, the C with an arrow through it & numbers is the quality control mark.
    Nice one
    Aaron
    Thanks for the info tinlid, Its the best mk II I have by far.