Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

No logo gloss black MKII BMB41

Article about: Very clean example of a MKII, a BMB 1941 dated shell with a mint 1940 dated liner, size 7, makers mark is not clear but has a M visible, so probably BMB same as the shell. Obviously it has b

Default No logo gloss black MKII BMB41

Very clean example of a MKII, a BMB 1941 dated shell with a mint 1940 dated liner, size 7, makers mark is not clear but has a M visible, so probably BMB same as the shell. Obviously it has been overpainted at some stage, hopefully wartime and its very clean condition which is matched by the liner suggests that it was period done. It has a greenish MKIII chinstrap fitted which is fraying and degraded but is otherwise very clean and matches the condition of the rest of the helmet.
    There is no sign it ever had a logo on it, and I assume it was intended to be for a Warden or similar.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture No logo gloss black MKII BMB41   No logo gloss black MKII BMB41  

No logo gloss black MKII BMB41   No logo gloss black MKII BMB41  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Clean as a whistle. Leon.

Congrats in great condition, Jerry
    I wanted to ask you: I am wrong or rubber pad, seems a particular type than I've never seen on British helmets?reminds me one of the two models used in the Australian Mk2.

I thank you in advance for the information that you can give me.
    Roberto

Quote by OldSteel View Post
    Congrats in great condition, Jerry
    I wanted to ask you: I am wrong or rubber pad, seems a particular type than I've never seen on British helmets?reminds me one of the two models used in the Australian Mk2.

I thank you in advance for the information that you can give me.
    Roberto
    Roberto, it does have an odd rubber pad which has had me scratching my head, also the stampings on it are not quite what I would expect.

I'll have a look at some aussie liners.
    Regards,

Jerry

Roberto,

The cross shaped crown pad does seem to match the second Aussie version. I am away in Berlin until tomorrow so I can't look at it until then to recheck the liner markings.

thanks for the heads up.
    Regards,

Jerry