Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Odd Flashed British Mk II ?

Article about: Evening Gents I purchased this British produced Mk II earlier in the evening as a curiosity I know I can be a little nutty some times when it comes to odd helmets but the price was right . I

?

Default Odd Flashed British Mk II ?

Evening Gents I purchased this British produced Mk II earlier in the evening as a curiosity I know I can be a little nutty some times when it comes to odd helmets but the price was right .
    I have been watching it now for the better part of a week and have been trying to research the flash on the side of the helmet which to me is very reminiscent of the star of David could this helmet have been reissued to Israel early post war or am I right off base admittedly I am having no luck so far with finding a match to the flash and or what the country of origin could have been.
    The liner it self is dated to 1940 and was produced by ( TTC, ) Teddy Toy&Company and is a size 7-1/4 the liner retention nut and bolt look spot on. There is no mention of the producer of the shell and the chinstrap looks a little on the odd side to me almost like the edges are pleated for the lack of a better term but this could be do to the fact that the sellers picture's are not the best quality do any of you gents have any thoughts and or opinions you would be willing to share .

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Odd Flashed British Mk II ?   Odd Flashed British Mk II ?  

Odd Flashed British Mk II ?   Odd Flashed British Mk II ?  

It shows wear but I don't recognize the flash either.

?

A bit of a strange flash on this one I will be rather glad to get it in hand so I can take a few better pics and I do think that there is something odd about the chinstrap on this lid I do not believe it to be the sellers images.

Regards Mark K

Try searching post war Irish republic flashes.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Perhaps 72nd Independent Infantry Brigade? It should be a white star, but perhaps it is yellowed by age.

Regards, Philip

Courtesy IWM (badge formation 72nd Independent Infantry Brigade (INS 6785))

?

My many thanks Jerry and Philip this gives me a different avenue to check down in regards to the flash.

Regards Mark

?

I think it was advertised as Israeli markings.

?

You are absolutely spot on Aaron but I could not find any matching results but as I found it an interesting Mk II I had to throw a low bid at it and no one else even put in a bid so you know how that goes .

Not much luck so far with any kind of Irish connection but I have lots of time and I do like a good mystery and a challenge

Regards Mark

?

The sellers images of the helmet are quite washed out because of the flash on the camera it will be interesting to see if the painted star is a very aged white and or yellow I am leaning more towards yellow but we shall see.

Regards Mark

?

The helmet arrived in the post yesterday so I thought I would post up a few better images to mull over having it in hand it is very obvious that it was hand painted some time ago and is in a flat grey the flash IMO is not aged white and was originally painted as seen ( yellow ) for the life of me I can not find a manufacturers stamp on the interior of the shell an odd Mk II this one .

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Odd Flashed British Mk II ?   Odd Flashed British Mk II ?  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast