Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Officer MKII?

Article about: Hi there fellow collectors, It's been a long time since my last post but I wish to post my latest addition to my collection. I managed to buy an interesting British MKII from evilbay which I

Default Officer MKII?

Hi there fellow collectors,

It's been a long time since my last post but I wish to post my latest addition to my collection.

I managed to buy an interesting British MKII from evilbay which I suspect to have belonged to an officer due to the tailor made liner. I have not been able to find a makers name on the liner and the shell has just the date 1940 stamped on the chinstrap lugs. The liner is held on by a rivet ,much the same method used during WW1. The exterior colour is a thick dark pea green which is heavily crazed due to its age. Several areas are chipped and some paint is also missing. The interior paint is a lighter shade of green with the numbers 8330 painted over plus the initials AO scratched under the rim. There also appears to be the remnants of I think a name which is now impossible to decipher. The helmet is complete with a camouflage net in a light tan colour which I am unsure as to it being original to the helmet although the net shows some signs of having sat on a helmet for some time. Namely the knots located on the top part of the helmet appear to be slightly flattened.

Anyway, are there any more examples out there of this kind of helmet liner or does anyone recognise the manufacturer?

thanks

Ian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Officer MKII?   Officer MKII?  

Officer MKII?   Officer MKII?  

?

Default Re: Officer MKII?

I saw this one for sale but having no experience of officer/ private purchase helmets was not brave enough to go for it.
    If there is a maker name on the liner it will probably be on the inside of it so could be hard to find, little is known about these helmets so hopefully someone might come up with some better answers.
    Nice catch though.