Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on 1942 dated British helmet with net

Article about: Just picked this up today and was wondering what you guys think. 1942 dated helmet and liner and original net. Belonged to member of 14th Punjab rgt apparently. All look legit to you? thanks

Default Opinions on 1942 dated British helmet with net

Just picked this up today and was wondering what you guys think. 1942 dated helmet and liner and original net. Belonged to member of 14th Punjab rgt apparently. All look legit to you?

thanks
    Matt

Opinions on 1942 dated British helmet with netOpinions on 1942 dated British helmet with netOpinions on 1942 dated British helmet with net Opinions on 1942 dated British helmet with net

Default Re: Opinions on 1942 dated British helmet with net

I like it mate.Nice find.I wonder that you have done well with the price too!Is the Shell dated??

The liner is made by BMB that stands for Briggs Motor Bodies Ltd in Dagenham UK

Hi.

thanks. Shell dated '42 as well. Cost £54 including the gas goggles which are '40 dated.......

Maybe I am wrong about the maker!

- - Updated - -

Thats a fair Deal

?

I'm not 100℅ sure but I didn't think 42 dated lids had that style of chinstrap, I would also like to see the condition of the paint under the net, if the net has been on from period there should be some surface discolouration and scuffing

?

Hi davejb, These Mk3 elasticated chin straps are what you would expect to see on Mk2,Mk3 & HSRAC from this period. As they came into use from early 1941.
    & agree would be nice to see some of the paint to see if years of the net rubbing against the shell had left a mark as they often do.