Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on this flashed 1942 dated HCDR

Article about: I have had this 1942 dated HCDR offered to me the helmet was produced by Failsworth Hats Ltd and is nicely date stamped and Broad Arrow marked IMO the helmet it self is a fine example with n

?

Default Opinions on this flashed 1942 dated HCDR

I have had this 1942 dated HCDR offered to me the helmet was produced by Failsworth Hats Ltd and is nicely date stamped and Broad Arrow marked IMO the helmet it self is a fine example with no issues that I can see .
    The only issue I have is it is reportedly flashed to the TransJordan Command the flash would appear to have been on this example for eons but I can only find one referance and no other period evidence to this particular flash being used.
    This of course raises a few questions such as is the flash WW II period applied and were would this particular helmet have seen service as it has been my understanding for some time that the HCDR's only seen service in GB and or other Commonwealth countries or were they used abroad as well in a non combat role by British forces serving abroad.
    Regards Mark

?

Whether the paint scheme is WW2 or post, still a nice little helmet.
    Until you mentioned it, I hadn't thought about the HCDR being used abroad, I can't see any reason why not.
    It was there to protect in the advent of an crash, it wasn't until 1942 that they started to think about ballistic protection as well.
    By the time production of the HSDR got going & deliveries got to the Middle East, I doubt it would have been there until sometime in 1943, or even later.
    The HCDR was finally declared obsolete in 1953.

?

Canadian soldier Italy 1943.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on this flashed 1942 dated HCDR  

?

NZ soldiers Italy again, 1944.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on this flashed 1942 dated HCDR  

?

Thanx Aaron I rather like it and think it would display rather well I have been researching the Trans Jordanian command and IMO at the latest it would not have been used past 1949.

Regards Mark

Hi Mark, I know nothing about HDRC helmets, but this certainly has a look, and if someone were going to fake one I would have thought a "sexier" unit would have been slapped on it. At the right price it's got to be worth a go mate. Leon.

?

Hi Leon I was not really concerned with it being a fake it was more so we're and when it was used .
    But I passed on this particular example as I am trying to save my pennies for a nice early fiber rim HSAT so it is all about priorities my good man.

Regards Mark