Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on M26 Adrian Helmet

Article about: I picked this up recently to have an example of a french helmet in my collection, and I want to know your guys opinion on it. The badge doesn't set flush, but the pins are not copper, and yo

Default Opinions on M26 Adrian Helmet

I picked this up recently to have an example of a french helmet in my collection, and I want to know your guys opinion on it. The badge doesn't set flush, but the pins are not copper, and you can tell the badge was in place for a while as the paint is faded underneath. also, It might not show in the picture, but there is rust in some places, so if it was a repaint, it wasn't recent

here are some pictures. The main thing worrying me is the lack of makers marks

Opinions on M26 Adrian HelmetOpinions on M26 Adrian HelmetOpinions on M26 Adrian HelmetOpinions on M26 Adrian HelmetOpinions on M26 Adrian HelmetOpinions on M26 Adrian HelmetOpinions on M26 Adrian HelmetOpinions on M26 Adrian HelmetOpinions on M26 Adrian HelmetOpinions on M26 Adrian HelmetOpinions on M26 Adrian Helmet

?

Note this is strange set - Belgian M31 helmet and French badge...
    Piotrek

So it's Belgian with a French Badge correct?

?

Yes, Belgian shell and French badge.
    Piotrek

these were sold by International Military Antiques a few years ago, they are recent put togethers by the importer for resale as French M26 Infantry helmets

they repainted Belgian helmets and added the badges, probably repro

the shells were originally painted black and used by Belgian police, I think the importer had them repainted because many of these showed a lot of rust

it's a fake not original

Amazon.com: French Adrian M-26 Steel Helmet: Original WWII: Everything Else
    Attached Images Attached Images Opinions on M26 Adrian Helmet  Opinions on M26 Adrian Helmet  Opinions on M26 Adrian Helmet