Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Painted Helmets

Article about: hell. why not if it trips your trigger. looks good.

Default Painted Helmets

Hey everyone. I decided to try my hand at painting helmets to appear WW2 and I was hoping to get some input on them. I've done two so far. The first one is based off of a Band of Brothers helmet with a NCO bar on the back. The other is a medic helmet. Let me know what yall think.

Painted Helmets Painted Helmets

Painted Helmets

Painted Helmets

Default Re: Painted Helmets

The spade, "follow me" bar and medic insignia all look ok...

Maybe it's just the screen that I'm looking at these photos with... But if you're going to paint helmets to look WW2, you'll need to start with the proper shade of green and texture. As they stand (and I apologize in advance if it is my screen), they look like Vietnam era lids that were clearly messed with.

Close. They're actually Korean surplus helmets. I did my best to get as close to the original OD Green as I could. Closest I could find was Deep Forest Green. The medic one was the toughest one.

?

I don't like helmets painted to be something they are not.

They aren't meant to decieve anyone. They're meant to be like reenactment peices or as a tribute for what a soldier might've done during the war, not items to make a buck off of.

hello BS not sure if its my computer as its hard to tell but have you added any texture ie sand or cork to the paint for the period look ,regards james
    Regards James

Yes I did. I added the drt and scratches after I finished painting them to give a combat used look.

?

I agree with Steve . If you do this you should mark them as repro or what you did to them in paint on the inside so somewhere down the line people dont think its the real thing. Gary

?

I don't see anything wrong with doing this...as long as they arnt being sold on eBay as period items. I don't think that's why you did this. Hell, if I were to re enact, I sure as heck wouldn't wear period helmets! I'd use a decent substitute.

Exactly. I had a captain's helmet made for when I did paintball too. The only part of the helmets I did not tamper with was the inside. They're still the same light green the Korean model helmets were.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast