Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Paratrooper helmet liner.

Article about: M1 or M1C paratrooper helmet liner? Approximately 50 years ago I got this from a neighborhood vet. I never thought much about it, but most recently I pulled it out this Westinghouse liner, l

?

Default Paratrooper helmet liner.

M1 or M1C paratrooper helmet liner?
    Approximately 50 years ago I got this from a neighborhood vet. I never thought much about it, but most recently I pulled it out this Westinghouse liner, looked it over and had some questions about it. To me , with the liner “A” chin straps secured with separate rivets , I was wondering if this is a common field conversion?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Early , Late war , etc.

Paratrooper helmet liner.Paratrooper helmet liner.Paratrooper helmet liner.Paratrooper helmet liner.Paratrooper helmet liner.Paratrooper helmet liner.Paratrooper helmet liner.Paratrooper helmet liner.Paratrooper helmet liner.Paratrooper helmet liner.Paratrooper helmet liner.Paratrooper helmet liner.Paratrooper helmet liner.

?

hi there, you have a rigger made, m1c jump liner, so people say these were intended for the invasion of Japan, but I do not know the details for sure, they were also used in the Korean war, so could also have been converted postwar, what is hard to find is the shell with the chinstrap poppers that attach to the inside of the liner, they can be pricey

?

Thanks JohnF. I didn't know exactly what I had and the period. It's going to be placed in a steel pot ID'ed to paratroopers that were in WW2 in the Pacific, Korean War and Vietnam (11th Airborne, 101st Airborne, 188th and 187th PIR), so I believe it is safe to add WW2 and Post WW2 parts to the helmet.