Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please does anyone have any info this cardboard helmet and a non magnet steel Brodie

Article about: Its the maker of the liner. Vero. Everett W. Vero & Co. (London)

?

Default Please does anyone have any info this cardboard helmet and a non magnet steel Brodie

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. I have recently picked up two WWII helmets at an auction, one is carboard and one is non magnetic steel, regarding the cardboard one I have searched the web and the only picture of one is on this site so it must be pretty rare. I have read the posts which I found helpful. There are some letters 7 3/4 TTC II 1939. I have attached photo's of both helmets. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please does anyone have any info this cardboard helmet and a non magnet steel Brodie   Please does anyone have any info this cardboard helmet and a non magnet steel Brodie  

Please does anyone have any info this cardboard helmet and a non magnet steel Brodie   Please does anyone have any info this cardboard helmet and a non magnet steel Brodie  

Please does anyone have any info this cardboard helmet and a non magnet steel Brodie   Please does anyone have any info this cardboard helmet and a non magnet steel Brodie  

Please does anyone have any info this cardboard helmet and a non magnet steel Brodie  

NCA
    ?

Default Re: Please does anyone have any info this cardboard helmet and a non magnet steel Brodie

The top helmet is a British army MK2.The maker is ???(sorry, i had a good link to all the known makers but its offline!)Looks fairly tidy and original.The one below it is a Civil defense type made of compressed fibre, this type wouldnt conduct electricity.
    Both nice lids, the civil defense type is quite rare imo.

HELMETS HELMET COLLECTION BRITISH HELMET UNITED KINGDOM

?

Default Re: Please does anyone have any info this cardboard helmet and a non magnet steel Brodie

Thats great, thanks for that. Is that the only reason for the compressed fibre one?

NCA
    ?

I thinks so..maybe an economy measure?I'd be intrested to know too.

The helmet was made by E. Camelinat & Co Ltd of Birmingham the MK.11 liner by Teddy Toy Company. Of Dagenham . The fiber board helmets are generally known as a Cromwell protectors manufactured by Cromwell as they seem to be the only makers name you see on them but there could have been other makers. They were a privet purchase helmet I have a war time advertisement for them somewhere. After Dunkirk there was a helmet shortage so by law all steel helmets went to the government. So non metal helmet makers like Cromwell and Plasfort produced non metal MK.11s I have even seen leather ones. Cromwells and Plasforts were also extensively used by ammunition factory's with a rubberised chin strap. The pictures show a rubberised chin strap and a Plasfort which had a leather chin strap but its perished, the Plasfort seems also to be made of some compressed fiber?
    Attached Images Attached Images Please does anyone have any info this cardboard helmet and a non magnet steel Brodie  Please does anyone have any info this cardboard helmet and a non magnet steel Brodie  Please does anyone have any info this cardboard helmet and a non magnet steel Brodie  Please does anyone have any info this cardboard helmet and a non magnet steel Brodie 

?

I can't thank you enough for the info Joseph, you have been immensely helpful.
    Due the rarity do you think the fibre one is valuable?

I don't think they are that valuable, home front helmets don't seem to match the price of military ones the most I have seen a a plain Cromwell go for on Ebay is about £30 and I have seen them go for a lot less, there is one on their now a buy it now for £65 or best offer but he looks like a dealer and it has the rubberised chin strap which do seem more rare than the bog standard ones.

?

Well that's a couple of good helmets to start with
    The fibre helmet was as said a private purchase helmet, used only by civilians.
    Aaron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please does anyone have any info this cardboard helmet and a non magnet steel Brodie   Please does anyone have any info this cardboard helmet and a non magnet steel Brodie  

?

Thanks for that Aaron, you've got a couple of nice lids there and really good condition. That is the first leather one I've seen.

?

Hi Joseph, a little more info on the compressed fibre helmet, VERO II 1940 is on one support strap, does this alter your info or is just the same. Thanks Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast