Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Possible Commonwealth steel Brodie helmet?

Article about: Hey legends I came across this helmet the other day. It was a bonus peice that came with a M1 helmet I bought. Im having trouble identifying it. It looks as though it might be a Brodie helme

Default Possible Commonwealth steel Brodie helmet?

Hey legends I came across this helmet the other day. It was a bonus peice that came with a M1 helmet I bought. Im having trouble identifying it. It looks as though it might be a Brodie helmet but unlike my other one it is lacking the brim! The only markings I can find are very small CS 1369. I know Australians made a few so I'm thinking it could be one of our models?
    Look faward to hearing your thoughts cheers.Possible Commonwealth steel Brodie helmet?

it all looks Antipodean to me....the liner, the cruciform pad, the flat rivets attaching the strap lugs, the rimlessness (is that a word).....you don't appear to have shared your location in your profile......but I'm assuming "one of our models" is Oz?????

?

An early Australian one, good catch.

"CS" is Commonwealth Steel. They began production in 1939.

Cheers guys!
    Yeah Australia I'll update that.

If marked CS,then it is Australian or possibly New Zealand.The clue is on the Chin Strap Lug.There should be a date on the lug (maybe covered by paint ?) Also under the liner leather there may be a Liner Manufacturer stamp on the sweat band denoting the maker ie: Dunlop or something similar ?

Yes that's true the CS shell was used in New Zealand but the added strap lugs are distinctively marked "nPz" for New Zealand Pressings and year date from 1941. I think the OP would have noticed that so probably Australian issue.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast