Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Possible WWI British or American Helmet???

Article about: Hi, I need help identifing this brodie style helmet. Ive done enough reasearch but still dont know what it is. The Helmet is painted a dark OD green and doesnt have markings. The liner looks

?

Default Possible WWI British or American Helmet???

Hi, I need help identifing this brodie style helmet. Ive done enough reasearch but still dont know what it is. The Helmet is painted a dark OD green and doesnt have markings. The liner looks like it belongs to an early russian helmet. It is made entirely of canvas with old cork supporting it, the top pad is also made of old cork. It has a leather chinstrap with the name W. Cousins written on it. There is also no bales on it the the rivets go directly into the leather. Any help would be appriciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Possible WWI British or American Helmet???   Possible WWI British or American Helmet???  

Default Re: Possible WWI British or American Helmet???

I have hunch the liner is home made/private purchase (hope they didn't pay too much) in a postwar Belgian helmet shell.

?

Belgian huh, i was hoping it was South African. Thanks for the info especially about the liner.

This not a Belgian helmet. Belgian helmets have a pronounced dimple in the top.

To my mind this is indeed a private purchase CD type helmet. There were several companies catering to civilian demand for helmets in early WW2 in Britain and the USA. The steel is probably not anti-ballistic.

A nice, not too common helmet!

Cheers,
    Emile