Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post war Parachutists helmet.

Article about: I found it, one of the metal crimps has come off of one of the ends but it will do the job. If you didn't take up Paul's offer, pm me with your address and I'll get to to you. Happy New Year

NCA
    ?

Default Post war Parachutists helmet.

Found this para helmet on monday in small town collectables shop.The liner is by CCL and is dated 1955.The paint looks original and has worn smooth but was once slighly gritty.Shame its missing a buckle and the chin strap but for £18 its not to be sniffed at!Any help with the shell markings would be appreciated.Thanks for looking.
    Btw, if any one has a chinstrap or buckle for this let me know.Post war Parachutists helmet.

NCA
    ?

Default Re: Post war Parachutists helmet.

Post war Parachutists helmet.Post war Parachutists helmet.

?

I wonder if ROC is for Rubery Owen & Co, normally it's shown as RO&Co, the 2 for MkII & the others steel batch numbers.
    Aaron

?

£18 is a very good price ..
    The helmet, bar the obvious post war markings, is more or less the same as the WW2 issue.
    Being pre 1956, .. you could even add the loose title of "Suez" contemporary issue.

Chin straps pop up on e-bay frequently, around the £15 to £25 GBP mark. .. be patient, and don't jump at the first over priced set.

Gary J.

?

Nice find, it good to know there are still surprises out there. I'm sure I have a spare chinstrap somewhere but it may take me some time to find and I'm flying at the end of this week so bear with me and I'll get back to when I find it.
    Steve.

NCA
    ?

Thumbs up Re: Post war Parachutists helmet.

Thanks for the replys.Im guessing it could be a variation of RoCo's mark?...prehaps it changed postwar.I must admit i was hoping it was ww2 dated when i turned it over.Still very happy with it though.If anyone has a postwar lid take a look at the shell markings.

Tinhat.That would be fantastic! my fingers are crossed that it will turn up.I would be glad to pay/swop for it.

?

Here's a picture of the inside of a MkIV, so pretty sure the ROC is for Rubery Owen & Co.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post war Parachutists helmet.  

NCA
    ?

Thumbs up Re: Post war Parachutists helmet.

Thanks Aaron.

?

Quote by NCA View Post
    Tinhat.That would be fantastic! my fingers are crossed that it will turn up.I would be glad to pay/swop for it.
    No luck in the obvious places so far, I am finding some stuff I had forgotten about though, I'm on holiday from tomorrow and I need to give my brain a chance to think where else it could be. If I find it you can have it for nothing.
    Steve.

hello nca .

i have a spare post war chin strap its yours if you want it . will pm you .

regards paul......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast