MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Post War Refitted Canadian Mk II

Article about: Staying in tune with trying to collect every variation of Canadian Mk II used by the Canadian Army from 1940 till its retirement from service in the early 1960's I have added this nice un-is

?

Default Post War Refitted Canadian Mk II

Staying in tune with trying to collect every variation of Canadian Mk II used by the Canadian Army from 1940 till its retirement from service in the early 1960's I have added this nice un-issued heavy dark green sand textured example to my collection these were reportedly prepared for service and were to be used in Korea.
    It is impossible to tell which company produced this particular helmet body as the manufacturers stamp has been obscured by the textured paint General Steel Wares can be ruled out though as the chinstrap lug retaining rivets have round heads instead of flattened of rivet heads so this means that it was either produced by C.L./C. and or A.G/C .
    It is sporting a 1953 dated VMC liner in a size of 7 1/8 and is sporting a Canadian WW II era chinstrap that has been nicely double stamped with the C -/I\ and the Canadian Government Post War acceptance stamp .

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post War Refitted Canadian Mk II   Post War Refitted Canadian Mk II  

Post War Refitted Canadian Mk II   Post War Refitted Canadian Mk II  

Post War Refitted Canadian Mk II   Post War Refitted Canadian Mk II  

Post War Refitted Canadian Mk II  

Very nice Mark, whats the shell dated on this one and who's the maker?

Matt

?

Thanks Matt and I really do not know the texturered paint has covered all of the markings I can only give it my best educated guess.

Regards Mark

?

A very nice helmet Mark.

Now this might sound like a silly question but what's chalked on the dome, is the the 7 1/8 size or 7/8 price or something else?

Tony

?

Thanks Tony it was common practice to mark the size of the liner on the exterior of the helmet body to make for easier Identification when they need to be issued from stores.

Regards Mark