Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Post Wardens mk2 helmet +extras

Article about: Ive had this a while now and have only now got around to posting some pics.This is from the same source of as all my other home front items. The helmet is a Post wardens type dated 1939 and

NCA
    ?

Default Post Wardens mk2 helmet +extras

Ive had this a while now and have only now got around to posting some pics.This is from the same source of as all my other home front items.
    The helmet is a Post wardens type dated 1939 and is made by F&L(fisher&ludlow.)The liner is also '39 dated and is made by J.C.S&W co?Not familiar with that maker..Also included is the same mans Armband which is for Norfolk County Council this also has two stars printed on it..what might that mean?, first aid kit in a rubberised canvas bag which is full of period bandages and anti-gas ointments ect..a pad of report forms and two Norwich printed booklets, one on wardens duties and the other on anti-gas training.
    The helmet retains its original early war gloss colour inside.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Wardens mk2 helmet +extras  
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

Default Re: Post Wardens mk2 helmet +extras

Really nice stuff you have there, any chance of some close up pics of the helmet inside & out, plus the bag & books. J.C.S&W J. Compton sons & Webb, quite a well know maker mostly seen on early liners but they produced them up until 43.
    Aaron

NCA
    ?

Thanks Aaron.For some reason my second pic isnt showing?just an 'attached image' link below my first pic...if you click on the link theres a close up shot of some of the items.

?

Everything must have been well stored, those books are really mint. Thanks for showing.

NCA
    ?

Yes, i dont think the items saw much use..although Norwich did suffer during the Baedecker raids and in the Blitz itself.Some of the contents of the first aid kit have suffered as has the bag.Ill sort some close ups of the helmet soon and some pics of the booklets in the paperwork section.